The Warehouse Clerk supports the warehouse duties of directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations for our fast-growing organization. The Warehouse Laborer supports the Warehouse Management in the distribution of all goods and items received, as well as general janitorial duties.
- Assists shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Opens bales, crates and other containers.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wears the proper safety equipment.
- Supports kitting for production processes.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience, preferably manufacturing industry, preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Class D driver's license.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
Position requires physical strength, stamina and the ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
Able to work in a manufacturing environment which includes moderate noise exposure, occasionally climbing up steep stairs/steps, walking for moderate periods of time over even and uneven terrain, reaching forward, overhead, and to the sides, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motions, bending, climbing etc. Must have listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to work in areas at times that are not environmentally controlled. Able to move/lift/pull/push 50 lbs.