KID Aftercare offers a safe and structured programming that enhances academic achievement, supports social and physical development, and strengthens youth relationships with adults and peers. Activities include homework support, reading enrichment, computer access, arts & crafts, physical education, social skills enhancement, cultural enrichment, and more.
We are currently seeking a Computer Instructor to join our team at our KID Aftercare Program (MOST). As a Computer Instructor you will be responsible for providing individual and small group computer programming classes for aftercare and summer camp students using Scratch Programming. The Computer Instructor prepares and implements lesson plans for teaching Scratch to elementary school students, and provide program support as needed.
Part-time schedule is 16 hours a week, Monday-Thursday, 2 P.M. - 6 P.M. This is a year-round position, including summer time.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with MIT coding program: Scratch.
- Must be comfortable teaching Scratch to elementary school children.
- Experience working with children ages 8-12 in a school, after school, or summer camp program preferred.
- Must be available to work during the school year and summer camp: Monday-Thursday, 2 P.M. - 6 P.M. (does not work during mini-camps and school holidays.)
Kids in Distress is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.