- Ocean County, NJ, USA
- Full -Time, Part -Time - Contract (W9)
The In-Home Clinician will be providing Habilitation services and long-term support designed to assist youth with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities in acquiring, retaining, and improving the self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to function successfully in-home, at school, and in community-based settings. This position does not work in Provider or office settings.
Intensive In-Home Services (IIH) are geared to augment those services already being provided in the school and other settings; they do not displace existing services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Must be able to safely address complex needs and challenging behaviors including but not limited to: Address noncompliance to verbal/written directions, tantrums, elopement, property destruction, physical/verbal aggression, self-injurious behaviors, and inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Provide Bio-Psychosocial Assessment
- Assist with CSOC Information Management Decision Support
- Individual, family, and group counseling; Provide positive Behavioral Supports
- Instruct in learning adaptive frustration tolerance and expression, which may include anger management
- Instruct stress reduction techniques; Problem-solving skill development
- Psycho-educational services to improve decision-making skills to manage behavior and reduce risk behaviors
- Social skills development; Trauma-informed counseling
- Implementation of an individualized Behavior Support Plan, if present
- Provide coordination support with agency staff and participating as part of the clinical team
- Collaborate effectively with professionals from another disc
- Support the youth, including but not limited to education, clinicians, physicians, etc.; and provide recommendations for referrals for medical, dental, neurological, or other identified evaluation
- Clinical and therapeutic services are to be delivered as necessary to improve the individual's independence and inclusion in their community
- Provide a treatment plan that includes specific intervention(s) with target dates for the accomplishment of goals that focus on the restorative functioning of the participant
- Prevent and reduce the need for an inpatient hospitalization, and the movement of the residence, and Preventing the need for out-of-home living arrangements
**MUST BE LICENSED** - LCSW. LCW, LAC, LPC
- Master's degree in psychology, special education, guidance, and counseling, social work, or a related field
- One year or more of experience in providing clinical services for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Clinically licensed to independently practice in NJ or a master's level licensed practitioner who is practicing under the supervision of a clinician who is clinically licensed to independently practice in NJ