- NJ, USA
- Full -Time, Part -Time - Contract (W9)
The In-Home Clinician will be giving Habilitation services are long term supports designed to assist youth with Intellectual and Develomental disabilities in acquiring, retaining and improving the self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to function successfully in home, at school and in community based settings, and NOT in Provider or office settings
Responsibilities include but not limited:
- Must be able to safely address complex needs and challenging behaviors including but not limited to: Address Noncompliance to verbal/written directions, tantrums, elopement, property destruction, physical/verbal aggression, self-injurious behaviors, and inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Provide Bio psychosocial Assessment
- Assist with CSOC Information Management Decision Support
- Individual, family and group counseling; Provide positive Behavioral Supports
- Instruct in learning adaptive frustration tolerance and expression, which may include anger management.
- Instruct stress reduction techniques; Problem solving skill development;
- Psycho-educational services to improve decision making skills to manage
behavior and reduce risk behaviors;
- Social skills development;Trauma informed counseling;
- Implementation of an individualized Behavior Support Plan, if present;
- Provide coordination support with agency staff and participating as part of the
- Collaborate effectively with professionals from other disc
- Support the youth, including but not limited to: education, clinicians, physicians, etc.; and,
provide recommendations for referrals for medical, dental, neurological or other identified evaluation
- Clinical and therapeutic services are to be delivered as necessary to improve the
individual's independence and inclusion in their community.
- Provide a treatment plan includes specific intervention(s) with target dates for accomplishment of goals that focus on the restorative functioning of the participant with the intention of:
- Prevent and reduce the need for inpatient hospitalization, and the movement of the residence, and Preventing the need for out-of-home living arrangements
**MUST BE LICENSED** - LCSW. LCW, LAS, LPC
- Master's degree in psychology, special education, guidance and counseling,
social work or a related field. (Master's degree National Association for the Dually Diagnosed, NADD certification is preferred)
- One year or more of experience in providing clinical services for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities,
- Clinically licensed to independently practice in NJ or a master's level licensed
practitioner who is practicing under the supervision of a clinician who is clinically
licensed to independently practice in NJ.
Empower U https://justempower.applicantpro.com