Technical Project Manager (TPM)
Ion Storage Systems is seeking a self-starting, passionate, and detail-oriented Technical Project Manager (TPM) to expand the reach of the CTO's Office. The ideal candidate will have experience in correspondence with customers and investors, experience crafting presentations and proposals, a detail-oriented mindset, and a deep understanding of battery technology and applications. The TPM will work closely with the CTO to drive forward the technology vision of the company through interactions with customers, technical partners, funding agencies, and investors.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following company benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, with the company paying more than 75% of the premiums
- Stock options in an early-stage company
- Hybrid work model
- Company and floating holidays
- 3 weeks of PTO to start
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's technology.
- Lead a partner evaluation program.
- Prepare documents for federal contract proposals and contracting.
- Draft email responses to investors, funding agencies, and technical partners.
- Draft written documents for interacting with strategic partners.
- Write initial draft of proposals with technical team and CTO input.
- Craft or update presentations for investor meetings, board updates, and funding agency updates.
- Manage CTO's office strategic goals and short term action items.
- Lead occasional external technical meetings.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related field.
- 1+ years of laboratory experience in fabricating and testing electrochemical cells, including techniques such as galvanostatic charge/discharge, cycle life, rate capability, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, etc.
- Successful proposal-writing experience.
- Experience presenting data, either graphically, verbally, or through writing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Successful proposal-writing experience desirable.
- Experience presenting technical information to a varied audience desirable.
- Experience managing sample evaluation programs desirable.
- Government contract negotiation experience desirable.
- Strong understanding of electrochemistry and chemical/materials systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial matters to a broad audience
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly, perform research as needed, and complete ownership of areas of responsibility
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully handle sensitive or confidential information
- Low-ego, team-motivation with collaboration skills across the organization
Ion Storage Systems Inc., located in Beltsville, MD, is a rapidly growing company commercializing its breakthrough lithium metal battery technology based on discoveries made at the University of Maryland. The company is committed to developing products that will impact everyday life on a global scale. Our technology improves product performance and safety in a variety of applications including, defense and aerospace, consumer electronics, electrified transportation and renewable energy storage. Our team is made up of innovative, driven & creative individuals who are passionate about their work. The company offers an inclusive environment, growth opportunities and encourages work/life balance.