- Atlanta, GA, USA
- 17.00-20.00 per hour
- Full Time
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage, 401K Retirement plan with Company matching, Paid Vacation/Paid Personal/Paid Sick Time Off
We are looking for a bilingual (English/Spanish) person who likes to write for our Legal Support Specialist position. This role will specialize in interviewing Clients and their families to provide convincing written statements about the importance of maintaining family unity or reuniting the families. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, caring, and curious. Although this position is open to all majors, a journalism major may be a very good fit. Daily work includes taking statements from clients in Spanish or English and writing them in English. The themes of the statements may include the facts and circumstances of situations where they were victims of crime, past suffering, or perspective suffering if they are forced to live without their spouse, children, parents, etc. The work is very important and sensitive.
Other components of the position will include Assisting attorneys in financial aspects of cases for litigation and Immigration related submissions to the Immigration Court, US DHS, and US DOS. Duties include assisting clients to secure credit reports, tax transcripts, Social Security FICA reports from the SSA supporting document gathering, filling out government forms, creating monthly cash flow statements, etc.
Cross-training with other positions and advancement is possible. We are willing to train the right candidate to learn this position, no experience is required.
Ideal majors may include communications or journalism because of the academic training that focuses on interviewing skills and writing, however, we will consider anyone with strong writing skills.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance coverage
- 401K Retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Paid Vacation/Paid Personal Time off/Paid Sick Time off
- Interview clients to write their statement regarding the facts and circumstances of their situation
- Receive assignments from paralegals, submit drafts to attorneys for final review, and submit final statements to clients for final approval and signature
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- A bachelor's degree is preferred but other candidates with strong writing skills will be considered.
- Be fluent in Spanish (In order for Candidates to adequately be able to perform everyday duties, they must be fluent in BOTH English and Spanish speaking, reading, and writing) You must be bilingual in order to be considered for this position.