- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available after 90 days.
Hunton Services, a division of the Hunton Group (www.huntongroup.com), is seeking to hire an innovative Energy Conservation Engineer to serve as the primary technical resource to the Business Development and Project Delivery teams. The Energy Conservation Engineer will be responsible for identifying and understanding the mechanical, electrical, utility and energy related equipment and systems within a prospective customer's facility. In this role, the selected candidate will develop comprehensive and cost-effective technical solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the facility by providing ongoing technical consultation and designing Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) to facilitate the sales/business development process, ensure smooth installations and achieve identified energy savings for the customer. This candidate should have a strong background and interest in chiller plant optimization. Come work for an industry leader that has been recognized both locally and nationally as one of Top Places to Work!
- Responsible for helping to achieve annual sales volume as determined by manager & leadership.
- Support project managers and field teams with technical expertise.
- Develop innovative solutions that bring additional value to the customer.
- Stay abreast of current technologies and industry trends.
- Identify and utilize software modeling tools.
- Utilize cloud tools such as Microsoft Teams & SharePoint for collaboration.
- Frequent travel throughout southeast Texas
- Periodic overnight travel
Essential Duties & Responsibilities - Project Development:
- Work with the Sales Teams to understand customer's facility improvement needs and qualify the opportunity.
- Analyze customer utility bills to identify and quantify the potential for facility energy savings, through Energy Star baselining or other means.
- Conduct facility surveys of HVAC, electrical, and building envelope systems and equipment to identify and document operating performance defects and inefficiencies.
- Identify and quantify facility improvement and Energy Conservation Measures.
- Coordinate site visits with potential vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors as it pertains to the development of ECMs.
- Assist with the creation of financial models based on customer budgets, anticipated savings and the proposed ECMs.
- Assess and communicate project risks to Management.
- Develop and document a detailed scope of work with project estimators.
- Write technical narratives & executive summary's for customer proposals.
- Write detailed technical reports as required to attain outside funding including technical narratives of proposed improvements and ECMs.
- Lead customer meetings to deliver presentations and explain proposals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities - Engineering:
- Research facility mechanical and electrical systems, in collaboration with site engineers, through all available information including: shop drawings, control drawings, and as-built drawings; Building Automation Systems, building schedules or use patterns.
- Consult with facilities staff, building trades, and head engineers in each building to determine and document existing needs, concerns, goals, and suggested modifications; condition of mechanical and electrical systems; operational procedures and schedules; any unique building requirements.
- Perform detailed survey of pre-qualifications including use of data loggers, and testing equipment to determine the current condition, operation, and efficiency of building systems for: HVAC, BAS, Lighting, Building Envelope, Electrical Systems
- Perform detailed & traceable calculations related to the expected operational savings after improving the building's systems through replacement or refurbishment; retro-commissioning; controls optimization; distributed generation; demand response; renewable energy
- BS degree in Engineering.
- 5-10 years of construction or engineering related work experience.
- PE license is a requirement for this position. Applicants should be at least an EIT with a plan for earning their PE within 1 year of onboarding.
- Mastery of HVAC fundamentals including psychometrics, load estimating, equipment selection, and system design.
- Knowledge of Trane and competing equipment.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) status is desired.
- Knowledge of TRACE700 Software desired.
- Retro-Commissioning Certification from ASHRAE, NEBB, etc. is desired.
- Knowledge of local and state energy design standards & building codes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well with others, and have positive attitude.
- Clean driving record and reliable personal vehicle.