- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available after 90 days.
Convergentz, a division of Hunton Group in Houston, TX (www.huntongroup.com), has a new and exciting opportunity for you to join our organization as a Building Automation System (BAS) Technician. Selected candidate will be responsible for installation, diagnoses, and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, hydronic theory, and modern control techniques. Come work for an industry leader that has been recognized both locally and nationally as one of Top Places to Work!
- Install and service products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Utilize a laptop computer, a variety of hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to install, diagnose, repair, and programming HVAC equipment.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair instruments and products at a customer's location.
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Inspect vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies.
- Maintain equipment by inspecting for signs of wear (maladjustment, miscalibration, malfunction, and drift).
- Document work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Represent company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Support HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical assistance and offering guidance.
- Provide training and follow-up training at a customer's site.
- Utilize project plans to prioritize and schedule work sequences.
- Determine parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical and mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Able to travel locally as required.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in HVAC, Computer Science, or Computer Science related field.
- 2-5 years' HVAC Journeyman experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years' minimum experience of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and programming.