Full-Time, Evening with Every other Weekend rotation.
In this position you would be providing care to patients in our Our 22-bed Hospice Inpatient Unit on the Mitchell Campus in Cheektowaga, NY. This Unit provides a relaxing and unique home-like atmosphere for patients and families receiving hospice care. This unit is available for patients whose pain or symptoms cannot be managed at home and for patients approaching the end of their illness. Hospice patients can also be admitted to the unit for short-term respite care to give the patient's caregivers a short break.
You will provide quality patient care by performing assigned duties, health care tasks and specified patient care activities according to the policies and procedures of Hospice Buffalo, Inc. and under the supervision of a licensed practical nurse and/or registered nurse. You will assist in establishing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships with hospice patients, families, health care personnel and the entire hospice staff and volunteers.
Education / Certification
Completion of a NY State approved Home Health Care training program with a Home Health Aide Certificate.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care encouraged.
One (1) year of experience in a clinical setting, nursing assistant experience.
Hospice offers a Competitive Pay Structure.
- Premium Pay- $ per hour on base depending on role
- Shift Differential- $ per hour on base depending on time of day, and day of the week
Hospice offers a Robust Total Rewards Package
- Employer 401k contribution regardless of employee participation, and match on employee contributions there after
- Health Insurance with vision component copayment plan, or high deductible plan
- HSA with high deductible health plan twice annual Employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off PTO & NYS Sick Leave
- Tuition Assistance Program
- And Much More!