- 05-Jan-2021 to 05-Jan-2022 (PST)
- Full Time
Application review will take into account without limitation the following criteria: union membership and qualifications, and experience specific to the job description/duties as well as prior experience with Hoffman Structures.
• Operator, traveling-crane operator operates traveling or stationary crane (cab-) to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket: observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
• Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
• Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
• Inspects crane for defective parts and notified supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
• Have good knowledge and understanding of crane load charges, crane dynamics and rigging practices.
• Be model specific trained.
• Be certified and competent.
• Belong to local union hall.
• Work is mainly outside thus exposed to various weather conditions.
• Able to pass Pre-Employment & Regular Drug Tests.
• Must have valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record according to Hoffman's Fleet Safety Program. (Check with David Wood on this; not sure it's required).
• Must be able to wear fall protection equipment and physically able to climb ladders and cranes.
• Sitting – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Bend (neck and back) – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Use of hands for repetitive grasping – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Use of hands for pushing & pulling – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Use of hands for fine manipulation – Constantly (66% to 100% a day).
• Climb (stairs & ladders) – Occasionally (less than 33% a day).
• Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team.
• Must be able to make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
• Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem solving skills to determine best method to accomplish desired results.
• Must be able to plan and organize work.
• Must be physically fit: good vision/peripheral/distance/color, good hearing able to understand radio commands & hand signals.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must have good dexterity with both hands and feet.
• Limited to no access to toilet facilities.
• Able to sit all day.
• Must not be afraid of heights.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with Hoffman's Safety Policy.
• Good attendance.
• Must be able to read a tape measure.
Click Here to
Sign Up For Job Alerts!