- Omaha, NE, USA
- Full Time
We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
The Helget Gas Products Computer Systems Specialist provides technical and network support and customer assistance to information system users. This individual will support network databases, systems and updating system hardware and software. They will troubleshoot system errors and assist team members with local machine errors or issues as well. This individual will also generate reports as needed and/or requested.
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security
- Perform data backups to ensure all company-owned work is saved
- Install and update network system improvements
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment
- Monitor servers, LAN/WAN, and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware
- Respond to IT issues: hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Provide helpdesk and technical support by phone, remote access, or site visits
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors
- Set up equipment for new users and employees
- Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
- Industry certification (MCSE), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification, or other related IT professional certifications
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an information technology role
- Experience working with network and server management support
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, hardware, and upgrades
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills