- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Full Time
We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
As a Lead Driver, you will lead a small branch location performing team lead duties such as ensuring drivers adhere to all laws and regulators governing Helget operations including but not limited to FDA, EPA, DOT, OSHA, Fire Marshall and State Board of Pharmacy. You will also check in/out drivers and assist with loading/unloading cylinders. You will also personally load, unload and transport products/cylinders in a safe, timely manner while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Successful drivers are polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our clients with an excellent experience.
- Manages and oversees daily workflow including emails, scanning, paperwork, orders, tickets, timecards, attendance logs, PTO forms, etc.
- Train drivers, motivate them to achieve their goals, and hold them accountable to daily expectations.
- Safely Load and unload vehicle with specified products/cylinders for delivery
- Inventory truck in and out each day
- Safely deliver products ordered by customers in a timely manner
- Maintain records and logs related to deliveries and vehicle maintenance
- Obtain appropriate signatures to verify receipt of items delivered
- Follow all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Maintain all DOT physicals & drug screens required to maintain CDL
- Operate assigned vehicle safely and efficiently
- Perform pre-safety checks and inspections of assigned vehicle
- Preform routine maintenance & servicing of vehicle
- Report major repairs, service needs, incidents or accidents to proper authorities
- Perform as back-up for other route drivers
- Assist warehouse in the fill, valve, painting and repair of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Class B CDL
- Hazmat and Tanker endorsements (or ability to obtain)
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Ability to push, pull and move up to 75 pounds
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record/driving record
- Knowledge of safe driving practices and traffic laws
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass drug testing and background check requirements