- 27-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Corydon, IN, USA
- Per Diem
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Department of Nursing this position performs duties assisting the staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital. The ICU/TCU Nursing Assistant must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, to adequately assess data reflective of the patients' status and interpret the appropriate information needed to provide age-specific needs. Always be prepared to act in an emergency situation to aid the nurse/physician in patient care. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Corporate compliance
- Annual Fire/Safety inservice attendance.
- Annual OSHA
- Annual PPD/Flu vaccine
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Use of correct terminology, spelling and grammar in documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic simple nursing skills needed to function on ICU/TCU Unit.
- Understanding of intake and output, documents correctly.
- Annual CPR.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current Indiana CNA License
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the populations (s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Possess skills and knowledge to perform basic nursing care for infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric adults.
- Demonstrates age specific communication skills in care of patients.
- Knowledge of growth and development.