- 11-Nov-2020 to 10-Feb-2021 (EST)
- Physical Therapy/Rehab
- Corydon, IN, USA
- Per Diem
The Therapy Assistant is responsible for the implementation and assessment of treatment programs established by the Therapist for all referred patients. The Therapy Assistant contributes to the development and upgrading of treatment programs and protocols. The Therapy Assistant also contributes to the development and completion of departmental/organizational goals/objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to provide medical treatment based on tested knowledge of treatments related to the age specific requirements of pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Delivers service in professional, compassionate, and courteous manner while respecting the dignity and individuality of each person.
- Obtains and reviews any pertinent patient data and schedules a treatment session within programmatic guidelines.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate intervention techniques and materials incorporating knowledge of developmental age related issues.
- Consistently utilizes/delegates patient treatment programs to support personnel with appropriate supervision, input, and follow-up in accordance with state practice guidelines.
- Monitors and assesses patients' response to treatment demonstrating adaptability to varying functional status.
- Assists in provision of follow-up programs (home programs, referrals.)
- Provides teaching to patient, family and staff.
- Accurately and consistently established and modifies functional,measurable and realistic short/long term goals and treatment plan with Therapist supervision and direction.
- Completes all required documentation and maintains pertinent record of all assigned patients in order to be compliant with HFAP, CARF, Medicare and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintains clean, safe, and neat working environment.
- Willingly accepts additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Utilizes good management skills as evidenced by completion of assigned tasks within designated time frames.
- Maintains skills necessary to operate equipment properly.
- Attends educational conferences and facility in-services in order to maintain a high degree of current professional knowledge.
- Participates in departmental/programmatic quality assurance monitoring.
- Effectively maintains the established lines of authority and communication demonstrated by concerns and directing questions to their immediate supervisor.
- Participates in meetings and/or serves on committees as required or as representative of the department.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana
- CPR Certified
- Annual PPD
- Annual fire/safety training
- Corporate Compliance