- 26-Oct-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Canby, OR, USA
- Full Time
Great benefits, work/life balance, education assitance and more!
Do all marketing job descriptions look the same to you? If there's one department in a company that should understand the blasphemy of this, it's the marketing department. It's our job to create memorable messages and tell stories that stick.
We hope this job description is different than others you're used to reading.
HawkSoft is a leader in software technology for insurance agents. Since 1995 we have attracted a strong customer base that is passionate about not just what our company builds, but also who we are as a company. Even as a 25-year-old company, we hold dear the entrepreneurial spirit because it's those values and culture that has led us to this point. HawkSoft was voted to the list of Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon for the last six years. We're a place where people like to work, and where people enjoy working with each other.
About this position
This role is for someone who has experience nurturing a brand using social media marketing and online communities. You will take ownership of HawkSoft's social media and online reputation. We are looking for a seasoned, creative, and tactfully witty social media guru who can steer HawkSoft's online reputation. You will create and promote content that educates (not sells something), amplifies initiatives of our customers and partners, and adheres to the essence of our core values. You will engage common interest groups, showcase our community interaction, and nurture relationships with thought-leaders in our industry.
The best fit for this position
You can cut to the front of the job application line if the following apply:
- You enjoy crafting and executing impactful, memorable, and measurable social campaigns.
- You can explain, in simple terms, the difference between nurturing a personal social media brand versus a business social media brand.
- You are a team player willing to check your ego at the door.
- You remain grounded through success and failure, alike.
- You are the type of person that others enjoy working with.
- You are a creative self-starter who relishes experimentation with new ideas.
- You seek constructive criticism if it leads to a better deliverable.
- You love being an online junky that can craft witty, engaging posts.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for social media and online community building. Build and manage the social media editorial calendar in cooperation with our Content Manager.
- Take command of our social media channels for marketing and branding. Deliver a consistent stream of engaging content. We aim to establish ourselves firmly on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to start.
- Manage our online community forum and engage customers.
- Tactfully handle social media responses during times of unexpected service outages.
- Follow, interact, and nurture online relationships with thought-leaders and industry influencers.
- Research, engage, and post about the accomplishments of HawkSoft, our customers and prospects, events, charitable activities, awards, etc.
- Track analytics and generate reports and summaries of your marketing activities.
- Take control of gathering customer reviews and testimonials for our brand on platforms like Capterra, G2 Crowd, Google, and others.
- Support internal departments in their outreach and messaging efforts to customers.
- Take on additional marketing projects as assigned or available.
- Acumen with social media and building online communities.
- Very strong writing skills. You must be able to write succinct, clear content that builds trust and educates the reader.
- Ability to craft engaging and witty social posts from long-form articles.
- Ability to prepare long-term content but can also quickly create spur-of-the minute posts for immediate happenings.
- Good understanding of how social media affects SEO.
- Effective in taking happenings and events from within the company or industry and turning them into engaging social messages.
- Strong experience with social media tools such as HootSuite and can recommend the pros and cons of each.
- Must be a master with posting etiquette and knowing the "dos" and "'don'ts" of posting on each platform.
- Self-starter, excellent time management, and ability to work on their own.
- Sense of humor
- Tech savvy
- At least 4-5 years of demonstrable experience using social platforms in a professional environment
- Must be able to show a portfolio of prior social campaigns for a professional brand
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with HubSpot or other marketing automation platforms is a plus.
- Experience with basic HTML or WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with graphic design tools, photography, or video production is a plus.
Pay and Benefits
DOE. Our compensation is competitive with the market. We offer above-average benefits and a family-oriented work environment.
COVID-specific workplace changes
All staff are currently working from home. HawkSoft values and will continue to prioritize the safety of our families and loved ones during this uncertain time.
How to Apply
Send a resume of past experience and customized cover letter. Please don't spam us with a generic cover letter that doesn't address what we are asking for in the job description.
In your cover letter, please tell us what "successful online community building" means to you. Also, tell us what social campaigns you have implemented in the past and why you feel they were successful (or what lessons you learned from your failures).
Tip on how to get called in for an interview: Use your cover letter to explain why your background is a good fit specifically for the requirements of our position. The cover letter is an opportunity to show us your persuasive writing skills, how well you can customize your message to our job posting, and convince us that you actually read the entire posting.