- Holliston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Short term and Long term disability, 401k, Vision, Great Culture/People
We are looking for a Senior or Principal level Manufacturing Engineer. The qualified candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers on DFM, cost reduction, and transfer to production activities. Work closely with assemblers and production leaders to improve manufacturability. Investigate quality issues for engineering improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with operations on design improvement and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Propose and implement cost reduction activities and redesigns on old and new products.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot design and/or production issues, follow-up with suggestions for solutions or improvement.
- Provide day to day technical support in operations on sourcing, build, or test issues that arise.
- Evaluate new product designs for manufacturability, assist in new product introductions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge or experience with ERP and change control processes.
- Experience with ISO:9001 procedures and/or medical device manufacturing is a plus.
- Language Skills: Clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Physical Demands: Normal office environment but may require lifting <30lbs.
- Experience with Solidworks 3D modeling is a plus.
- Ability to multi task and balance priorities from multiple projects.
- High level of organization is required.
- Willingness to learn and train on new skills and take on additional tasks and challenges as needed.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERAN/DISABILITY
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.