- Hanover, PA, USA
- 20.00-22.00 per hour based on experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short/Long Term Disability, 401k, 401k Company Match
The Purchasing Agent is the direct contact between Hanover Iron Works, Inc. and our vendors. This person shall have good communication skills as well as understand negotiations to obtain the best outcome for the company.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Health/dental/vision/disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k with employer match and 100% vesting from the beginning
- Paid weekly
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Purchase all items as economically as possible with consideration into all factors, such as, terms, delivery, schedules, and price.
- Properly represent the company and department in company and customer meetings and communications
- Communicate with other departments, as necessary, regarding product deliveries, pricing, and payment.
- Make decisions which protect the best interests of the company.
- Create and maintain a list of Purchase Orders.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all vendors.
- Negotiate purchases with vendors.
- Maintain a current vendor/ supplier list.
- Verify receipt of orders.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Cost inventory to projects.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry products and services that best benefit the company
- Ability to work within a strict budget
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fabtrol Software (preferred)
- Viewpoint (preferred)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Written Communication - Writes/types clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Leading - Exerting influence and control
- Monitoring - Verifying whether one's own or someone else's actions or products are satisfactory
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity
Hanover Iron Works, Inc. https://hanoveriron.applicantpro.com