- Hanover, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401K with company match, great Paid-Time-Off
Responsible for lay out and fabrication of stairs, rails, and miscellaneous metals. Cut and weld steel, aluminum, and stainless steel as well as read blueprints. Mainly Fabricate and TIG weld Aluminum and Stainless Handrails.
- Read, understand, and layout in accordance with blueprints
- Operate cold saw, band saw, pipe notcher and grinder
- MIG, TIG, and Stick Weld
- Operate overhead crane
- Operate forklift and pallet jack
- Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units or subunits
- Use jigs, welding torches and hand tools
- Achieve all goals and expectations that are established by the Shop Foreman
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, tool-box shop talks, safety procedures, Operator's Manuals and maintenance instructions
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast pace work environment while exercising sound judgment
- Experience using tape measures and hand tools
- Requires some knowledge of various tools for fabrication and layout
- Ability to use basic math and geometry
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing schedule and switch from job to job
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Adaptability Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources
- Performing Under Pressure Being effective in situations of pressure, e.g. time pressure, risk, emotional strain
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Exposed to loud noises
- Exposed to dust and foreign particles, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, paint fumes, etc.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Subject to electrical shock risk
- Lift at least 75 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holiday and 401k with employer match.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please apply for immediate consideration.