- Haltom City, TX, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid medical, dental and vision; 7% contribution to TMRS retirement program with a 2 to 1 match at retirement; paid vacation, sick and holidays
Operates heavy equipment in support of Public Works maintenance operations; participates in maintenance activities relative to area of assignment; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates and maintains various types of heavy equipment including but not limited to backhoes, bobcats, front end loaders, bulldozers, dump trucks, excavators, rollers, and forklifts.
- Excavates and backfills ditches; performs grading; digs ditches and prepares soil.
- Utilizes televising equipment to inspect storm drains and identify maintenance issues; cleans and maintains storm drains.
- Mows and maintains City lots and right-of-ways; installs sod.
- Cuts, trims, and chips trees; removes trees, brush, and debris from worksites.
- Participates in the demolition of property acquired by the City; disposes of demo materials.
- Welds and fabricates devices; repairs damaged equipment.
- May serve as or act on behalf of the Crew Leader in his/her absence as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and two years equipment operation experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Depending on area of assignment, Herbicide License, or other specialized licenses or certifications may be required.