- Lexington, KY, USA
- Full Time
GRW offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Are you a motivated Mechanical Engineer with a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility? Join a leading design firm! GRW Engineers, Inc. is an expanding, national, multi-disciplined firm listed in the ENR Top 500. GRW has a career opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer at our Lexington, KY headquarters.
GRW is a full-service engineering, architectural, and geospatial consulting firm. The company was founded in 1964 by Mr. G. Reynolds Watkins to provide engineering services to federal, state, municipal, and private industry clients. Since that time, GRW has grown to become a national design firm with offices in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia. Watkins' insistence on technical excellence and personal service lives on as the guiding principle at GRW. This dedication to service has resulted in repeat clients providing 90 percent of GRW's current workload! Principals and associates representing many disciplines work one-on-one with clients. Close, personal service is the hallmark of GRW's business philosophy.
As a mechanical design engineer, you will work closely with architectural, electrical and structural department colleagues on various projects. GRW offers a wide variety of engineering services for our clients' infrastructure and building design needs. Our multidiscipline personnel function as a cohesive design team to create local and regional utility systems, energy-efficient buildings, environmentally-sensitive site developments, and safe, modern transportation facilities. GRW provides comprehensive technical resources for all types of infrastructure designs. GRW's assignments range in scope from planning studies to projects with construction costs in excess of $985 million. GRW's teams have designed projects ranging from a few thousand square feet to campuses with gross building area over 600,000 SF. Experienced and accomplished in their own fields, GRW's mechanical, electrical and structural engineers are an integral part of our projects. These multidisciplinary design team members apply their expertise to deliver a project that is structurally sound, mechanically complete from heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), to plumbing and fire protection, and electrically designed to handle the project's needs. Because of our in-house team, GRW has capability to successfully plan, design and deliver large, complex projects, as easily as smaller projects. In addition, these professionals support our water resources engineers by providing expertise with the code specific mechanical, electrical, and structural systems design of wastewater and water facilities.
GRW offers a challenging work environment combining the latest in engineering concepts with career development to keep personnel up to date with the latest technologies and advancements. The right candidate will become the Mechanical Engineer with potential to become a company stockholder. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation will determine your professional growth.
GRW is seeking the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification, in at least one State in the US and must be able to get registered in KY within 6 months and in other States by comity OR have the ability to attain PE certification in a reasonable timeframe
- 10 to 20 years' experience designing mechanical building systems in a consulting environment
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical system design including plumbing, fire protection, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and temperature controls
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Revit
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with team members and other disciplines
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Marketing, sales and business development experience
- Client and Project Management experience
- Ability to plan project resources, maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of life cycle costing, computer HVAC modelling and simulation programs
- LEED accreditation
- Desire, motivation and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
We are looking for individuals eager to develop their soft and technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is important to us and the success of our company.
When you join GRW you'll be working for an award-winning, full-service design consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years serving our regional, national, and occasionally international clients. Our objective is simple. We value our employees and take pride in providing them with the proper resources and tools to help them achieve professional excellence.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled