- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Budget Analyst III
Blackhawk Management Corporation is looking for a NASA Budget Analyst III to assist on the NFSS contract.
The NFSS contract is an Agency level effort to provide an enterprise solution approach to
implement a community of best practices, streamline financial processes, and establish
an efficient enterprise operation model to meet current and future needs.
- Serves as an analyst to systematically integrate business, cost estimating and financial management processes aiding to ensure the efficient stewardship of public funds.
- Supports the formulation of strategic financial plans, prepares cost estimates, and correlates financing requirements into executable budgets.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the allocation, execution, and administration of approved budgets.
- Assesses products and procedures for compliance with Government standards, accounting principles, internal controls, and multi-tiered system application standards.
- Must be able to grasp interrelationships between financial management requirements and automated solutions, considering the current system environment and the potential integration of added systems concurrently or later.
- Ensures that tasks are completed in the time frame specified by the client and assists in the preparation of milestone status reports and presentations for colleagues, subordinates, management, and end user representatives.
- Familiar with activity-based costing, business case analysis and outsourcing requirements.
- Specialized experience includes monitoring, analyzing, and reporting budget formulation and execution activities for enterprise level, complex programs with multi-million dollar annual value by reviewing and assessing historical financial data and trends, developing budget estimates, monitoring actual expenses, and making recommendations to resolve budgetary discrepancies using integrated enterprise resources management systems and tools.
- Proficient with Excel.
Required Experience and Education
BA/BS with 4 years or greater of experience in the field or related area
High School Diploma with 6 years or greater of specialized experience in the field or related area
This job operates on site at NASA Johnson Space Center
This is a full time position.
Blackhawk's valued asset is our diverse group of employees. We strive for excellence in execution and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your skills and expertise. Apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!