- McMurdo Station, ATA
Note: If you would like to be considered for more than one position or position tier, please individually apply for all positions that you are interested in. One application submitted for a specific position does not automatically include you to be considered for all positions that you may be qualified to perform.
Provides PC support to users at USAP stations. This position is responsible for maintaining, implementing, configuring and repairing all computer systems and related peripheral systems and equipment. Installs and configures computer hardware and software. Provides direct user support for Tier 2 and Tier 3 work orders. Provides front-line support of grantee computer needs. This support includes general computer and application support, and customized activities such as computer to instrumentation interfacing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on all computers, and peripheral systems or equipment, according to current desktop standard configuration guidelines and documented procedures.
- Perform daily review of assigned work orders in order to prioritize tasking. Document resolution and close completed work orders.
- Image, test, and install desktop/laptop computers for all new hire or temporary duty employees; this includes installing encryption tools and configuring wireless access as needed.
- Provide desktop technical assistance to System Administration and Network Operations teams as needed.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance of computer equipment as required.
- Facilitates vendor warranty return process, tests and evaluates items returned from repair.
- Carry duty pager and provide AV support during presentations outside of work hours as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining physical inventories and ensuring accuracy as directed.
- Participate in lifecycle replacement tasking and other technical improvement projects.
- Manage retrograde efforts for all computer equipment, this includes performing DoD data wipe on all hard drives and preparing required documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Maintain an orderly work area and technical lab space clear of all hazards/debris.
- Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation. Perform annual/seasonal review of documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. AA degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in computer systems installation, maintenance, and support, in a corporate environment is required (all reasonable and related trade experience is acceptable).
- Mac OS X 10.3 experience and higher is required.
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications is required.
- Knowledge of DOS and Linux very desirable.
- SQL, Scripting along with a programming language are also very desirable.
- Desktop end-user support certification is preferred.
- Experience supporting remote network access, wireless access configurations, disk imaging and whole disk encryption is preferred. MAC and Linux knowledge is desired.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Deployment will be required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedures.
- Individual must be capable of operating a standard desktop computer; must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This is a full-time, seasonal position located in Antarctica.
- All expenses paid while on-ice meals, lodging, medical, gear, travel to and from Antarctica.
- Performance Period: October 2023 - February 2024
- Employment will require candidate obtaining a public trust clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Sign Up For Job Alerts!