- Tucker, GA, USA
- 82500-102300 per year
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Educational Assistance, Annual Performance Bonus, PTO, and Volunteer Time Off
Responsible for planning and performing operational, compliance, financial, and information technology related audits as part of Family of Companies' annual internal audit plan. These roles will be responsible for all phases of the audit including audit planning risk assessments, developing scope and objectives, performing audit procedures, preparing written audit reports and following-up on audit issues and management action plans. The scope of work may also include Sarbanes-Oxley, NERC and other regulatory compliance areas. May also assist internal audit management with periodic reporting to the audit committee, developing the annual audit plan, department metrics, status reporting and internal controls consulting. Understands and generally complies with internal auditing professional standards including standards for quality assurance and improvement. Performs special investigations as assigned.
- Plans and performs operational, compliance, financial, and information technology related audits. Conducts audit planning risk assessments, develops scope and objectives, performs audit procedures, and prepares written audit reports. Scope of work may include Sarbanes-Oxley, NERC and other regulatory compliance areas and assistance to external auditors on the annual financial statement audits.
- Works collaboratively with management in the development of action plans to address control deficiencies and process improvements or on consulting engagements. Also conducts audit status and close-out meetings and follow-up activities on audit issues and management action plans.
- Assist internal audit management with periodic reporting to the audit committee, developing the annual audit plan, department metrics, status reporting and other department quality assurance and improvement programs.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional auditing, accounting or related industry experience required. Top tier accounting/auditing firm, Sarbanes-Oxley background, and/or electric utility industry experience preferred.
Equivalent Experience: 9 years of experience as highlighted above.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: CPA, CIA or other certification relative to the internal audit profession highly desired.
- Working knowledge of IIA standards, risk management and internal control concepts, and ability to apply them to plan, perform and report the results of internal audits.
- Understanding of business processes, GAAP accounting and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), COSO, PCAOB to support management's 302 and 404 certifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment as an individual contributor or independently with limited direction and guidance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to confidently discuss business risks and audit results, and work collaboratively with management to develop action plans.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills and ability to perform data analytics.
- Knowledge of VISIO and ability to use query tools such as ACL, Workiva, and Business Objects is highly desired.
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including veterans and disabled. We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to substance abuse testing.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!