- Tucker, GA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Educational Assistance, Annual Performance Bonus, PTO, and Volunteer Time Off
This position is a contract to hire opportunity.
Provides support for maturing a robotic process automation (RPA) program for the Family of Companies including building best practices, RPA development and support, and regular engagement with the information technology and business resources to enhance business processes, under the general supervision of Manager of Enterprise Systems. Stays current with RPA technology trends and skills through on-going professional development and company sponsored training.
Develops and maintains high quality business robotic process automations. Delivers innovative services and solutions for business customers through the use and implementation of BOTs including integrations with custom applications, vendor applications and the Microsoft ecosystem. Creates project estimates and proposals based upon customers business requirements and presents project planning documents to enterprise management for approval. Reports status of BOT implementations and post-implementation support to management. Coordinates detailed system analysis for customers. Maintains positive customer relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Perform routine RPA maintenance and enhancements. Provide support for RPA users for system related issues. Perform required programming activities in support of RPA. Prepare and maintain reports used by various customers. Assist in the resolution of RPA daily issues related to data, application software, training, and communication. Create materials necessary for documentation, status reports, training, and standards.
- Assist with project implementations and support of RPA applications. Assist with implementing, analyzing, and testing changes to RPA solutions. Analyzes and documents user's business requirements including ROI, provides system design expertise and ultimately implements BOT solutions. Provides RPA training for others as needed. Participates in the formulation of technical architectures and strategies for the Information Technology environment. Provides support for RPA users for system related issues. Provides data/program security advisement and ensures application contingency plans are in place, including disaster recovery for RPA solutions. Follow company and group policies and procedures during implementation projects and in daily support activities.
- Monitors the latest RPA features and educates customers of new technologically advanced solutions that optimize business processes. Assists with the documentation and development of governance standards and standard procedures to support a productive, secure, efficient RPA environment. Participates in the Quality Assurance & Productivity Management processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, or Business.
Experience: This position is posted as a range to attract different levels of talent and experience. Qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- RPA BOT development and maintenance using UiPath(or comparable) technology.
- Preferred Office 365 development using Power Platform application components.
- Current and legacy versions of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high-level concepts to details and solutions without much guidance.
- Business and technology analytical skills, and process analysis.
- Project management utilizing a proven methodology to implement the full life cycle of RPA solutions: Identify RPA opportunities; gather requirements, design, document; and test, implement, deploy, and refine.
- Must be able to manage large RPA implementations daily and be able to communicate issues to upper management.
- Support others seeking to utilize RPA technologies to automate and streamline existing manual business processes.
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a high degree of credibility and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise.
- Ability to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured.
- Comfortable working independently in challenging scenarios.
- Experience with third party relationships.
The years of experience required for each position level are outlined as follows:
- RPA Developer I
- This is an entry level position.
- RPA Developer II
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience.
- Consultant Developer
- Minimum of 5 years related experience including at least 2 years of progressive experience.
- RPA Developer I: A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in RPA support as well as the balance of the experience mentioned above.
- RPA Developer II: A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Enterprise systems application support as well as the balance of the experience mentioned above.
- RPA Consultant: A minimum of 9 years of progressive experience in the areas mentioned above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Foundational knowledge of Office 365 Power Platform.
- Experience building and maintaining KPI dashboards/reports for management use.
- Strong customer service skills. Must be a "team player" able to work with management in developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems. Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and identify feasible solutions.
- Strong analytical problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of systems and/or business analysis design concepts. Demonstrated proficiency in the applied use of systems and process analysis tools.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives and effectively multi-task.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude.
- Ability to manage and plan multiple project tasks concurrently using Microsoft Project Online or some other project management tool. Preferred experience with Power Platform: Power Apps (model and canvas driven), Power Automate, Flow, Power BI, SharePoint Online & On prem, Teams, SQL/Azure, Data Gateways
- Knowledge of electric utility industry is a plus.
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including veterans and disabled. We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to substance abuse testing.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!