- Tucker, GA, USA
- 115500-143300 per year
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Educational Assistance, Annual Performance Bonus, PTO, and Volunteer Time Off
The Network Engineer implements robust solutions supporting GSOC's core networks that support the Internet, MPLS core, and networks that support the Electrical Membership Cooperatives in the state of Georgia. The engineer is responsible for troubleshooting network routing solutions to meet business requirements.
- Leads the design and architecting of new telecommunications, data, voice, and fiber networks with all phases of the project in mind: designing, planning, integrating, implementation, testing, documenting, and training. Designs security networks that include firewall hardware, VPNs, intrusion detection appliances, and/or management systems.
- Provides strategic planning of all data and voice networks. Provides recommendations for new networking equipment, services and technologies.
- Provides advanced level of troubleshooting expertise to other network engineers and NOC personnel.
- Coordinates with GSOC, GTC, OPC, EMCs, and other stakeholders to ensure that network designs meet requirements and are functioning as intended. Regularly identifies opportunities for improvement and ensures that stakeholders are satisfied.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, and/or Information Technology.
- 10 years' experience in a senior network engineer/architect role within a large regionalized WAN environment.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following: BGP and iBGP. OSPF and eVPN a plus.
- Experience in design and implementation of routing strategies for regionalized WAN access.
- Experience with design and implementation of direct connections into Cloud providers AWS, Azure, SAP, etc.
- Expert routing & switching skills.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Juniper Junos, and Arista EOS.
Equivalent Experience: Associates degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, and/or Information Technology with 15 years of networking experience with 5 of the years at an architect level.
- Advanced knowledge in SDWAN solutions.
- Experience with B2B VPN and External Access a plus.
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
- Familiarity or experience with architecting and operating micro-segmented environments.
- Familiarity or experience with network automation or programming with Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large complex projects.
- Active network routing certifications are a plus.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Driver's license. Must obtain and maintain Bulk Electric System Cyber Authorized Status as defined in GSOC's CIP Cyber Security Policy 301 and NERC Reliability Standard CIP 004 - Personnel Risk Assessment.
Specialized Skills: Computer, MS Office, Word, Access, Power Point, Excel, effective organizational and verbal/written communication abilities, active listening, critical thinking, and active learning. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic routing skills. Candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented and must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including veterans and disabled. We are a drug-free workplace. All applicants are subject to substance abuse testing.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!