- Superior, WI, USA
- $13.50 - $17.00
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance, 401(k) Contributions, Paid Time Off
If you are looking for a challenging rewarding career, then consider joining Fraser Shipyards! With a passion for the maritime industry, Fraser Shipyards has decades of experience in building and servicing crafts of all shapes and sizes. Customers count on the quality and responsiveness of Fraser's people, products, and services for everything from in situ emergency repairs to brand-new craft to large industrial fabrications. Known for a commitment to quality, a reputation for reliability and outstanding values, Fraser Shipyards is further committed to provide a safe work environment.
The laborer is an entry level manufacturing position that is responsible for supporting the build and repair of steel vessels for a variety of customers as well as the maintenance within the shipyard.
- Performs various physical duties as assigned
- Maintains all safety standards
- Moves, secures, installs, builds, loads, or unloads materials such as trash, steel, dirt, etc.
- Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the-job training
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moves items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
- Moving tools, equipment, or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
- Removal of preservative coating
- Act as a fire watch
Required Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge in standard practices in comparable manufacturing environments
- Follows directions and procedures under limited supervision
- Conducts basic problem-solving skills under supervision
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to detail and alert at all times to ensure safety
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisor
- Knowledge in the use of general handtools such as hammers, shovels, tape measures, grinders, etc.
- Ability to learn new duties and assignments through on-the-job training
- Applicants with prior experience in similar industry preferred
- High School Diploma or GE preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to report to a variety of locations, with the main location being at Fraser Shipyards.
Position requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, overhead work, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to work in tight, confined spaces, such as accessing manholes. Use of manufacturing equipment. Work in areas at times that are not environmentally controlled. Work in environment where harmful dusts, fogs, fumes, gases, etc. might be present and the use of a respirator may be required. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions. Able to move/lift/pull/push 50 lbs.
Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to employment start.
Fraser Shipyards is an equal opportunity employer including disability and vets.
Fraser Shipyards offers competitive pay with excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Contributions
- Paid Time Off