- Orange, VA, USA
- Biweekly pay periods
- Part Time
Employee Discounts, Full-Time Opportunities in the future, Flexible Scheduling
WHAT DOES MY NEXT CAREER AS A WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE, LOOK LIKE AT EverGRO COOPERATIVE?
Your next career will be highlighted by taking the lead to:
- Provide customers with friendly and efficient customer service during their entire experience while at the Coop
- Load and unload deliveries for customers and suppliers; operating a fork-truck on a consistent basis
- Help with inventory tracking and replenishment
- Fill propane tanks
- Stage and maintain materials and pallets in a safe and professional manner
- Cross-train to help assist retail/showroom team when needed to run a point-of-sale
- This position is a part-time opportunity that may work 20-40+hrs per week depending on seasonal needs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our part-time team, you will be able to benefit from:
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Scheduling
- Uniforms Provided
- Full-Time opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership Training and Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Collaborate with other store and warehouse team members on various responsibilities to help the Coop run efficiently and effectively both in the front of house and back of house operations
- Stock and replenish merchandise, assist with inventory responsibilities; both in the warehouse and within the showroom
- Work safely aligned with the cooperative's guidelines and regulations; maintaining a welcoming and secure environment for both customers and team members
- Help answer incoming calls and direct customer questions in a courteous and professional manner
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This position will work both within an indoor storeroom setting, but will also be responsible for working outdoors at times to assist with customer needs on deliveries, pick-ups, etc.
- Work schedule will vary throughout Monday-Saturday (Sunday hours for Front Royal location) and will include rotation between opening/closing and weekend shifts potentially
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- No minimum education requirement or years of professional experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Forklift Certification or the willingness and ability to obtain the certification through on-the-job training
- Must be willing and able to become trained to fill propane tanks
- Must be willing and able to work Saturdays when needed
- Prefer experience in a retail environment providing customer service and operating point of sale equipment
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- The ability to focus and work safely when operating equipment and helping customers
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within the Co-op
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO Cooperative is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
We foster an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
EverGRO Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.