Ethos is currently looking for a part time, Licensed Field Investigator in the Oklahoma City area.
The Field Investigator performs surveillance for clients who suspect fraudulent insurance claims. It may also interview anyone and record statements from individuals that may have knowledge of the claim. This position also drafts reports, uploads documents, video, and audio files into the case management system from the information that was collected during the investigation.
- Conduct covert field surveillance via both stationary and mobile surveillance.
- Conduct scene investigations, interviews, recorded statements, etc.
- Obtaining professional quality video and photographic documentation of subjects.
- Draft thorough, detailed investigative reports.
- Upload video and photographic evidence as well as surveillance reports to our claims system.
Associates or Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or a related field is preferred
- Possess strong computer and internet skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Former military personnel, law enforcement experience or adjusting or other experience in the insurance industry.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- Current auto insurance
- Private Investigator license where state required
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: (must possess all below items or purchase items after being hired)
- A reliable vehicle.
- Cellular telephone.
- Laptop computer with Windows XP or later version operating system, or MAC notebook
- Internet connection
- Video camcorder with mini DVs, mini DVDs, or SD cards with uploading capability (No HI-8 tapes or VHS tape camcorders.) (This camcorder must display the time and date stamp.)
This position may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures while maintaining constant stationary positions; constant operation of a cell phone, videography equipment or camera; Constant ability to detect, identify, recognize and observe case subjects; constant communication via telephone and in person with clients, customers and co-workers; frequent operation of motorized vehicle during case investigations; occasional exposure to overtime or working more than 8 hours in a day; frequent overnight travel (30%)