Ethos is looking to hire a part time, experienced SIU Investigator in the Augusta, GA area.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) Field Investigator collects recorded statements, accident scene investigations, online research and witness canvassing. This position also drafts reports, uploads documents, video, and audio files into the case management system from the information that was collected during the investigation.
- Conduct scene investigations, interviews, recorded statements
- Drafts thorough, detailed investigative reports.
- Uploads reports to our claims system.
- Track time and expenses within Ethos claims system.
- Recognizes compensability issues, misrepresentation, and understanding insurance coverage as it pertains to claims decisions.
Associates or degree, preferably in criminal justice or a related field; or a combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: (Must meet at least one criteria)
- Previous SIU experience with an insurance carrier or investigative firm
- Former military or law enforcement
- Two years' experience in property loss investigations (or adjusting) to include theft, fire, water, wind and vandalism losses.
- Insurance adjuster's license or Private Investigator License.
- Valid state-issued driver's license.
- May require Notary
- Possess strong computer and internet skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: (must possess all below items, or purchase and have access to items after being hired)
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Cellular telephone.
- Laptop computer with Windows XP or later version operating system, or MAC notebook
- Internet connection
- Camera, or have cell phone in which takes photos
- Recording device for statements or cell phone which has recorder
This position may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures while maintaining constant stationary positions; constant operation of a cell phone, videography equipment or camera; Constant ability to detect, identify, recognize and observe case subjects; constant communication via telephone and in person with clients, customers and co-workers; frequent operation of motorized vehicle during case investigations; occasional exposure to overtime or working more than 8 hours in a day; frequent overnight travel (30%)