- 11-May-2023 to 10-Jun-2023 (EST)
- Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
- FL, USA
- Up to $21.63 - Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
The Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County is looking for a Family Services Specialist to join their team!
WHO WE ARE:
The Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County, Inc. strives to ensure that children and their families have access to high-quality, affordable early learning programs and services in our community. We are a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building a community-wide commitment to ensure every child is ready to succeed in school and life through comprehensive, high-quality early learning environments.
The Family Services Specialist is responsible for maintaining accurate information about families in the Statewide Data System, Enhanced Field System (EFS), screening applicants for financial assistance, and performing eligibility determination and enrollment for School Readiness, Voluntary Prekindergarten, CSC Scholarship, Head Start and Early Head Start childcare programs.
This is a full-time position, and business hours at the Palm Springs/Port location are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Longer hours, evenings, and weekends may be necessary on occasion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide resource and referral services following the Child Care Resources and Referral (CCR&R) guidelines. CCR&R may be provided in person or by phone.
- Determine childcare eligibility in accordance with state and local guidelines.
- Conduct client interviews and complete necessary paperwork for maintaining eligibility, transferring childcare providers, and terminating services.
- Respond to requests for information from clients/providers in accordance with designated timeframes and within the client confidentiality guidelines.
- Support families in completion of the child developmental screening process.
- Provide parents and providers with necessary notifications regarding childcare status.
- Maintain current and accurate information in the Enhanced Field System (EFS) database.
- Assist with all special assignments, research, and report preparation.
- Participates in the organization of special activities related to childcare programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year College or university in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Health and Human Services or a related field, required.
- Two years of experience and/or training in CCR&R, determining eligibility for services, or the process of childcare enrollment or other related processes.
- Proven skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, CRMs, and cloud-based technology systems.
- Current knowledge of EFS Database or other similar or Statewide Databases is preferred.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak in English and Spanish or Creole proficiently is preferred.
Link to full job description:
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE