- 18-Jul-2022 to 18-Aug-2022 (EST)
- Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Boynton Beach, FL, USA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time
This position is responsible for all the Audio-Visual needs and Live Events that the Coalition puts on. You will be responsible for setting up projectors, cameras, speakers, microphones, mixers, camera switchers, as well as be able to deliver high quality content via streaming services such as MS Teams, Zoom, YouTube, Facebook, etc often in high pressure situations. This role is ideal for a self starter, with good time management and has previously worked in consulting or has been a contractor/consultant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the company Subject Matter Expert (SME) when it comes to all things related to audiovisual.
- Meet with executives and other department directors to gather requirements/use cases/details for meetings and live events.
- Transport, set up and operations of equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as meetings and conventions, presentations, and conferences.
- Support onsite and offsite special events - both small and large - in theaters, auditorium halls, and conference rooms on customer premises and other customer-associated venues.
- Act as technical lead/technical support for events in all company-sponsored venues
- Repair/maintenance of all audiovisual systems.
- Support installation of temporary and permanent meeting rooms/halls.
- Create, maintain, and catalog technical system documentation.
- Upgrade systems, firmware, software etc. as needed.
- Coordinate equipment repairs/replacement with vendors as needed.
- Compress/convert or digitize audio and video data.
- Responsible for knowing what and when to purchase vs. what to rent.
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and training for AV systems to end-users.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/TECHNICAL/COMPUTER SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience setting up and/or installing audiovisual equipment, including projectors, screens,TVs,DLSR, webcams, microphones, mixers, live streaming software, and hardware etc.
- Prior experience using appliances/devices/ such as Rodecaster, ATEM, Shure.
- Experience using casting/projecting devices such Apple TV, Google Chromecast, etc.
- Familiar with Live Streaming software such as Streamyard, OBS, Ecamm Live, etc, and how to interface with services such as YouTube, and Facebook Live.
- Knowledge of camera equipment, including lenses, focal length etc. E.g., the difference between a 50mm lens and an 18mm and when to use which.
- Knowledge of room acoustics and when to use different kinds of microphones, such as boom mics, lavalier mics, Omni directional, phantom-powered mics, etc.
- Knowledge of internet throughput, screen resolution, bitrate, and how to best optimize applications such as Zoom, Teams, etc. under a variety of conditions.
- In depth knowledge of Mac, Windows, and iOS operating systems. Specifically sound, USB, virtual drivers, and virtual Mics.
- Knowledge of in room camera systems such as Yealink, Logitech, Cisco, etc.
- Knowledge of smaller, portable systems such as Owl labs, helpful but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams Live events is helpful but not required.
- Basic video editing and postproduction desired but not required.
- Previous experience producing broadcasts, podcasts, webcasts, etc., desired but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires successful completion of the level 2 background screening standards as set forth in 435.04, F.S. and drug screening as the Coalition is a drug-free workplace.
- Valid Florida driver's license is required, a satisfactory driving record and automobile insurance, as required by the Early Learning Coalition driving policy.
- Must have reliable transportation. This position requires transport of equipment on a regular basis.
- Daily attendance on time and as scheduled is required with the ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, when required. After hours and weekend work is expected.
- Must have a minimum internet connection of 100mbps down and 20mbps upload if working from home.
This position may require up to 80% or less local daily travel in Palm Beach County to Palm Beach County offices or other locations for meetings, trainings, screenings, events, and other required duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Listed are physical demands and environment characteristics that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to operate and handle keyboards and other office equipment. This position requires sitting, talking on a phone or headset for extended periods of time, while using a computer. The employee is frequently required to drive, lift, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires frequent lifting up to 50lbs. The noise level is usually moderate/loud.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE