- West Allis, WI, USA
- $15.00 to $20.00
- Part Time
Our goal is to help College students prepare to enter into the workforce, explore different roles within our company and to help them explore their future career path. We believe our interns should be exposed to real work situations, role expectations and interactions within all the departments. If possible, allow the work performed by the interns to count towards credits for school.
Working with Lakeside, you will have the ability to create your own schedule that allows you to accommodate your academic needs. You will automatically receive paid holidays as well. As an Intern at Lakeside, the work you do will be hands-on and give you the opportunity to get real-work experience - the impact you make will be relevant to company demands. This internship begins in February 2021 (10 hours/week during school) through the end of Summer 2021
Our Interns will receive the following:
- Real work - not just filling in for duties that no one else wants to do
- Honesty -knowing expectations and type of work they will be performing
- Feedback- being informed on how they are doing and provide coaching to help with new work situations
- A Member of the Team - included in our daily work life, company meetings, outings, regular department meetings
- Guidance and Direction - demonstrating how to do assigned work and will provide tools needed to accomplish it
- Questions- interns are expected to ask questions, ask us why
- Mentors - Assigned a main mentor, but even more! We have a vested interest in teaching, listening and providing experiences
- Time - Spending time and being available
- A Workspace - a desk, chair, computer, phone, office supplies - we got you covered!
- Show Me The Money - this is a paid internship too!
Organization Summary: From Lakeside's beginning in May of 1946, we have been unique in our ability to work together to provide outstanding products and services to our customers. We have a long heritage of innovation starting with our founders. We also enjoy a respect and commitment from our customers because we have been honest and straight forward in our dealings with them. This consistency and effort has earned Lakeside the reputation of being a top-quality company with whom to do business. Our reputation of integrity in the marketplace can only be sustained if we always do what we say we are going to do. This means always being honest and consistent. Delivering consistent excellent service and products presents us with our biggest challenge and also our biggest opportunity. Our future success will be driven by our ability to quickly design and deliver new product solutions that meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. This is no small task since we sell our product in partnership with manufacturer's representatives and distributors who, in turn, sell to end-users worldwide. This means that we need to be constantly listening to what the end-user, our reps and our distributors are saying about our products, our services, and our performance. Then we need to be able to take what we hear and blend that into what we do.
Our vision is to create an agile organization that has a "can do" behavior that is easy and enjoyable to do business with. • Customer Focused - Our shared goals and actions are defined through understanding, meeting, and exceeding our customers' current and future needs. • Continuous Improvement - Our effort in creative continuous improvement allows us to be flexible and responsive. • Information Driven - Our collection and analysis of easy-to-use information allows everyone to make well-informed decisions. • Cooperative Atmosphere -We encourage, develop, and combine our individual talents to allow everyone to be part of rewarding team efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Design Engineers with their design & product requests
- Ability to use Solidworks to complete design projects
- Assist and lead drawing releases to the manufacturing team
- Strong in math skills to assist in quoting
- Research and present findings to solve issues in orders, logistics or other areas needing attention
- Assist where needed by the department or other areas
- Create work orders