- 05-Jun-2021 to 01-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Tester
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Quality Assurance
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY / DESCRIPTION:
The QA Associate Tester evaluates the quality of ECRS products against established standards and collaborates with other departments to improve products. The QA Associate Tester follows both produce specifications, and the test scripts and plans provided by the QA team, and adds to those plans as they explore the software under test.
GOAL / OBJECTIVE:
To test the software thoroughly and critically with the goal of preventing problems and issues from being introduced into the field.
- Performs QA processes and procedures within the guidelines of departmental policies to verify that products will perform according to design specifications and takes measures to ensure those products will be efficient, effective, and meet the needs of the end user.
- Reviews and critiques proposed test plans, adding to them as undocumented avenues of testing are discovered.
- Reports defects and issues found in the software under test for the Development team to resolve.
- Assist with the creation of product documentation.
- Coordinates with the QA management and keeps them informed of any defects/issues that surface during system testing.
- Root cause analysis skills
- Ability to think outside of the confines of test cases and plans to ensure the underlying business problem which those documents describe is fully tested and solved by our solution
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Basic understanding of a retail environment & operations
- Business background or related experience preferred
- CIS degree or related experience preferred
- Networking and hardware experience preferred
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
ECRS is a fast-paced, progressive technology company with a wide range of opportunities for quality-oriented, career-minded individuals. Geographically situated in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, ECRS offers the unique opportunity high-tech career in a resort college town setting. The ECRS family is made up of energetic, outgoing professionals who love what they do for a living. They are courteous, knowledgeable people who strive for excellence in everything they do. ECRS employees work together in dynamic teams to create, sell, install, and support our best-in-class retail automation solutions.
We believe that acceptance of diversity is a key reason as to why we're successful. All qualified applicants who can demonstrate integrity and competence will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, political affiliation, or national origin.