- Alpine, CA, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Full Time
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI) is a leading power engineering consultant firm that provides engineering, system planning and studies, technical consultation, project management, surveying, environmental planning, commissioning/testing and construction services to electric utilities, energy developers and industrials throughout the U.S. Our experience includes system voltages from 4.16 kV through 765 kV.
ECI has an opportunity for a distribution engineer to support quality assurance and standards for a major investor-owned utility in Southern California. The position is on-site (Alpine, CA) and is a temporary position. Expense and travel reimbursement packages are available to qualified applicants.
Distribution Engineer (Standards) will work with the client's standards team to maintain, update and develop distribution standards. Typical duties will include:
- Develop processes to track the status and progress of identified critical standards issues. Identify reporting requirements and reports, as well as reporting under such requirements.
- Participate in weekly standards meetings. Prepare agendas, lead discussions, capture issues and prepare meeting minutes.
- Participate in the analysis of standards issues and provide recommendations and resolutions.
- Respond to field requests to investigate standards and material issues.
- Review and evaluate material and equipment manufacturer submittals.
- Perform quality control/quality assurance reviews of new standards and assembly details when requested.
- Coordinate with other utilities, attend industry meetings and conferences when requested.
Distribution Engineer (Standards) will be supported by, and will supervise, a Distribution Designer.
Distribution Engineer (Quality) will be a member of ECI's owner engineering team providing quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) for distribution design projects. Typical duties will include:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor internal and external stakeholders to provide quality control reviews, both design and constructability, of design package submittals. Identify and track project action assignments for all projects to ensure design efforts continue without Ensure comment review items are addressed and closed.
- Assist with identifying and coordinating project scope with other disciplines and stakeholders and define action Provide quality page-turn of all submittals to verify submittal alignment with project scope.
- Coordinate and ensure external design firm engagement with other identified disciplines and stakeholders, as necessary, including but not limited to environment, cultural, survey and land
- Provide continuous training related to quality and standards to external design Track and coordinate standards improvement or corrective items identified as required for implementation.
- Provide continuous development of streamlined process to compile all design comments from multiple reviewers.
- Verify that all design review comments and corrective actions identified in the review cycle were incorporated or addressed in the design
Minimum Requirements: BSEE or MSEE and 7+ years of experience in electric distribution overhead and underground design, maintenance and standards preparation required. Successful candidates must be highly organized and possess effective interpersonal skills to interface with the internal program team and the client's technical and management staff. This position requires a strong work ethic with attention to detail, quality, schedule and budget. The successful candidates shall be self-starters and capable of completing assignments with minimal direction and oversight from the Project Engineer. A strong technical understanding, exceptional leadership abilities and collaboration skills are required to identify issues, recommend solutions and understand constructability issues. The successful candidates must be fully knowledgeable with electric safety codes. Candidates should be fully skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite and be functional with document control software systems. Successful applicants may be subject to client-mandated drug and background checking. Occasional travel/driving may be requested. Successful applicants are subject to ECI's auto insurance carrier requirements. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status) now or in the future.
ECI employs over 650 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S. ECI has over 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, energy storage facilities, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial electrical facilities. Visit our website at www.eciusa.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer