- Portland, OR, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Full Time
Benefits package includes: • Medical, dental and vision insurance • Flexible spending account • Health savings account • Life insurance • Disability insurance • 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan • Paid vacation, personal days and holidays • Continued professional education reimbursement
Electrical Consultants, Inc. (ECI), a leading power engineering consultant firm, is seeking a motivated individual to join either our Portland, OR (physically located in Tigard, OR) or Pullman, WA office as a designer. The successful candidate will be responsible for design support to multiple design teams involved with the conceptual, preliminary and final design of substation and transmission line projects, 4 kV through 500 kV.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing complete drawings of structures, layouts, facilities or general arrangements including section and detail views and profiles in a manner to provide clear and concise representation of facilities.
- Preparing electrical single lines, AC & DC schematics and wiring drawings.
- Preparation of project drawings through preliminary selection of alternatives, layouts and arrangements.
- Demonstrating personal development of technical knowledge through interface with the engineering departments in the execution and review of project assignments.
- Acquiring and maintaining advanced skill levels through the progression of software releases and upgrades.
- Assisting in the training and advancement of skills for other, less -experienced designing and drafting department personnel.
Minimum Requirements: 5+ years' of electric substation design experience, including schematics, wiring diagrams, physical layout and facility design required. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing electrical and physical design work for electrical substations ranging from 4 kV to 500 kV. Must have proven effective verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate must be results oriented and capable of completing design assignments with minimal direction and must be effective in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interface with team members and clients. This position requires a strong work ethic with attention to detail, quality, schedule and budget. Occasional travel/driving may be required. Successful applicant is subject to ECI's auto insurance carrier requirements. Applicants must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status) now or in the future.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k), profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continued professional education reimbursement
ECI employs over 650 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S. ECI has over 35 years of experience in the planning, engineering and construction of a wide range of power delivery projects including substations, transmission lines, energy storage facilities, distribution systems, communication systems and industrial electrical facilities. Visit our website at www.eciusa.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer