- 14-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Laurel, MD, USA
- Full Time
EBA is pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit package including group health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), a wellness rewards program that can reduce or eliminate medical deductibles, company-paid life insurance, company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k retirement plan and match, ESOP participation, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, financial coaching, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and more.
Materials Testing Technician
EBA Engineering, Inc. (EBA) is seeking a highly motivated materials testing technician to join our Materials Testing team. The materials technician will inspect and test soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, and asphalt for various projects in Maryland and the surrounding areas. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to follow and perform testing procedures in accordance with national standards.
The candidate will prepare detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and inspections/observations; perform basic tests on soil and concrete and prepare reports of results; and communicate with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues. Candidates must be willing to work outside of normal hours (nights and weekends) as project needs dictate.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Skilled in the use of materials testing equipment
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and tablets (Windows and MS Office applications)
- Ability to maintain detailed records, prepare reports, and maintain project files
- Possess a high school diploma or a high school equivalence certification
- Proficient with computers
- Must be able to frequently lift technician equipment
- Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 12 hours a day on occasion
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and twist; use hands to grasp; use arms to reach; raise hands above head; sit; climb; and balance
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with construction or materials testing and inspection
- Possess Nuclear Gauge Safety and Hazmat Training
- Must possess valid Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program Certification (MARTCP) materials certifications including:
- Soils & Aggregate Compaction Technician
- Asphalt Field Technician
- Concrete Field Technician (or ACI Grade I Concrete)
- Pavement Marking Technician
- U.S. citizen or Green Card immigration resident in the United States
- Ability to successfully pass a federal, state, and local security background check
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescriptions
- 401(k) & Company Match
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Flexible work hours
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do.
We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere.
EBA provides civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. EBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with us.