- 15-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Laurel, MD, USA
- Full Time
EBA is pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit package including group health insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision), a wellness rewards program that can reduce or eliminate medical deductibles, company-paid life insurance, company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k retirement plan and match, ESOP participation, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, financial coaching, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and more.
NBIS Bridge and Ancillary Inspection Team Leader
EBA Engineering Inc. continuous growth gives our staff opportunities to develop skills, gain experience with complex projects, and advance to leadership and management positions.
The NBIS Bridge and Ancillary Inspection Team Leader will perform condition inspections and evaluations of various highway structures such as bridges, culverts, retaining walls, noise walls, and ancillary structures such as high-mast light poles, traffic signal structures, and sign structures.
The NBIS Bridge and Ancillary Inspection Team Leader will also perform structural and load rating analysis of structures based on as-built drawings and current condition based on field inspection findings.
Duties will include:
- Serving as NBIS Bridge and Ancillary Inspection Team Leader for inspections.
- Performing a key role on bridge teams in all aspects of load rating analysis, condition inspection, and evaluation services.
- Completing tasks within schedule and budget to the satisfaction of our public and private clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges (FHWAA-NHI-130055)
- Minimum 5 years of bridge structural analysis and inspection experience
- Proficiency in structural steel, reinforced concrete, and prestressed concrete structural load rating analysis
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFR Bridge load rating specifications
- Proficiency with structural engineering analysis software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with AASHTOware
- Experience writing inspection reports
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Bridge Inspection Refresher Training for Program Managers and Team Leaders (FHWAA-NHI-130053)
- Inspection of Ancillary Highway Structures (FHWA-NHI-130087)
- Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges (FHWA-NHI-130078)
At EBA Engineering, Inc., we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere.
EBA provides civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
EBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.