- Tustin, CA, USA
- 90000-115000 Salary range dependent upon knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for Test Engineer.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A Test Engineer AT DWT
The Test Engineer is responsible for the development, documents, analyzes, performs and troubleshoots all aspects of acceptance testing for Operations at Design West Technologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected Test Engineer must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas:
- Support high volume testing by developing test plans and schedules, designing and building test stands, and developing test methods and protocols.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues with the test equipment (DWT and Government provided), units under test, and fixtures/adapters/interface between test equipment and UUTs.
- Understanding of the usage and operation of test equipment (Government provided and DWT owned) and the purpose and validity of testing requirements (both customer and internal)
- Development and operation of test cycles, plans, and procedures to meet customer and drawing requirements
- Work with automated testing techniques
- Maintain and organize equipment to ensure efficient reliable operation and testing
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of test reports, development of test reports to show compliance to customer requirements, test standards, and other quality standards, as applicable
- Ability to present self professionally and successfully work with vendors
- Maintain strict confidentiality
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documentation control responsibilities, including maintaining work order traveler documentation and product test acceptance records.
- Complete and submit technical test reports upon completion of test activities
- Set an example in creating a friendly, respectful and safe work environment.
- Set an example in personal hygiene, keeping personal work area clean, and promoting clean, safe and organized work areas.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge electronics test methods, techniques and documentation.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including: word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in reviewing documentation and testing verification requirements
- Experience with electrical test equipment: multimeters, oscilloscopes, HIPOT testers, temperature and humidity chambers.
- Experience designing test fixtures and developing test platforms using off-the-shelf test equipment
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong hands-on testing and troubleshooting experience
- Previous work experience with military products and/or DOD is a plus
- Experience with MS Office Suite (especially Excel)
- BS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 5 or more years of working with test solutions, test equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl and move about the facility. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee's work is in an office environment with low to moderate noise levels and controlled temperature conditions; but may occasionally be exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial quick mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including vets/disability.