- Tustin, CA, USA
- 90000-115000 per year
- Full Time
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Machine Shop Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for serving as a focal point of Machine Shop operations and requires coordination of work with other departmental supervisors, sub-contractors, engineering, management and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of quality parts. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A MACHINE SHOP SUPERVISOR AT DWT
The Machine Shop Supervisor will oversee and delegate daily tasks to assigned production employees to meet customer/DWT schedules with attention to safety, quality and meeting productivity goals. You will recommend and select cutting tools, design fixtures and work holding, ensure fixtures and tooling availability, and provide training to employees as needed. This position is hands on, and will need to step in and set up and/or run the machines if necessary. The successful candidate should proactively work with other departments to ensure materials are available in time to support the schedule, and monitor manufacturing processes to proactively drive cost cutting measures.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a machining shop environment.
- CNC training, including blue print reading GD&T tolerancing, set up and operation of machines including manual mills and lathes
- MasterCam courses is a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the trade
- Possess time management skills to be able to adapt to a changing work environment and competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER