- Tustin, CA, USA
- 150000-200000 per year
- Full Time
This position comes with a competitive salary, PTO, holidays, health insurance and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Principal Electrical Engineer. The successful candidate will be be a key member of the project development/execution team and responsible for hands on engineering expertise in development of motor controller assemblies for blower and pumping systems. This will include sizing of the system for the required application, component selection, PCB design/schematics/layout and testing of the design. Firmware and software development experience is a plus, as is experience with MIL-STD testing. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
The principal electronical will be design high power/mixed signal circuits, servo motor drives and system interface, R&D and prototype design, assembly and testing for high performance variable speed brushless DC motors and Axial/Mixed flow/Centrifugal fan assemblies, design controller for pumping systems, provide hardware design support for chemical sensor, flow sensor and configurable controllers, and provide engineering support in product ideation, proposal preparation and cost evaluation.
- BS/MS or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 10 years of experience in R&D/ Prototype electronics design
- Minimum 10 years of analog/digital circuit development.
- Software: Cadence OrCAD 16.5 or newer, C/C++, MS programs, Keil 5 (or newer), C#, Autodesk Eagle 9 (ore newer), RTOS and circuit simulation tools.
- Electrical testing and board/ system level trouble-shooting with common electronic testing instruments (oscilloscope, frequency counter, spectrum analysis, curve tracer, etc.)
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Previous work experience with military products and/or DOD is a plus
- ISO 9001 or AS9100 experience a plus
- Firmware experience is a plus
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial 3-minute mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER