- Tustin, CA, USA
- Full Time
This position offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, sick and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time Buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, raw material and equipment necessary for the operation of the organization. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A BUYER AT DWT
The Buyer will support the monitoring of current inventory levels, forecasting future need, purchasing, ensuring accuracy in data analysis and confirming accuracy and on time delivery from suppliers in a fast paced environment. You will identify defective or unacceptable materials and work with vendors to resolve and track and resolve assigned commodities issued to MRB with appropriate action in a timely manner. This position will frequently negotiate with suppliers on price, payment and shipment terms and contracts to optimize cost effectiveness, create and support relationships with current vendors while developing new vendor opportunities and sources, oversee cost comparisons and reductions, approve invoices, and reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in an electronic manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of printed circuit boards (PCBA), electronic components, electro-mechanical parts, LCD's, wire harnesses, machined parts used to serve the Commercial and Military Aerospace markets.
- Ability to negotiate and manage business relationships.
- Proficient in MS Office. Advanced excel skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial 3-minute mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER including Disability/Vets