- Tustin, CA, USA
- Full Time
This position offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, sick and 401(k).
Design West Technologies Inc. of Tustin, CA has an immediate need for a full-time CNC Setup Machinist/Operator (1st Shift). The successful candidate will be responsible for training and assisting operators and machinist on set ups, edit programs, complete inspection of parts for discrepancies and blemishes, produce high quality and quantity parts in an efficient manner with minimal supervision. Employees are expected to maintain a safe, clean work area. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k). If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT DESIGN WEST TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Founded in 1994, DWT is a nontraditional defense contractor with the expertise and technical capabilities to design new systems or develop and implement enhancements to existing products through comprehensive testing and analysis. Vertically integrated from R&D to final assembly and testing, we offer a unique combination of electrical, chemical, and mechanical product development for weapons and CBRN systems with CNC machining, injection molding, robotic welding, assembly, design, testing, and engineering capabilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in CNC shop environment, programming with MasterCam, setup and operation of CNC Mills/Lathe. Also very familiar with setup and operation of Okuma LT-25 Twin-Spindle Twin Turret lathes and Mori Seki NZ2000 Lathe with live tooling, 5 axis horizontal and vertical mills, manual lathes and mills also surface grinding is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings required
- Experience as a shift lead or supervisor a plus
- Working knowledge of GD&T Methodology and experience tight tolerance parts
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position working on, please fill out our initial 3-minute mobile friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER