- 09-May-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- CTS - Sales
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding expertise in automation and digitization/Industry 4.0. Products, systems, and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry.
The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems (PFS): Paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology (APT):Robot technology for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems (CTS): Exhaust-air purification systems, energy efficiency technology, industrial dryers, coaters and precipitators
- Measuring and Process Systems: Balancing as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems (HOMAG):Machinery and equipment for the woodworking the industry
Location: Southfield, MI
The CTS Revamp Project Management and Application Engineering Manager is a working manager who provides project leadership and assumes responsibility for the Project Management and A/E portion of the Revamp Group. This position also works closely with the Revamps Sales Team, and Manager, to ensure proposal language, cost estimates and proposal schedules are met.
Responsible for managing and leading the operations team, within the Revamp group. This team consists of five dedicated Application Engineers and five dedicated project managers, across multiple offices.
For the A/E group you would work be responsible to assign an A/E to a new lead/RFQ, when that lead is sent in from the sales team. The manager is responsible to ensure the A/Es are provided with enough information, from sales team, to affectively bid a project based on the customers RFQ. Review cost estimates and proposals prior to submittal to sales, and the customer. Continue the development of the Revamp group standards, to help streamline some of the processes. This would include the development of standard proposal templates, cost estimates, standard scopes of work and an A/E library for organizing this information.
As the manager of the PM group you are required to assign a PM to a projects when a new order is received. This could be determined by certain skill sets, familiarity with project scopes executed but also based on current workload capacity. The Manager would also work to ensure each PM is following Durr specific guidelines, keeping up with project status, customer communication, invoicing milestones, schedule, subcontract relationships and adherence to scope boundaries.
The Revamp Manager position is a working manager position. This means the manager is also expected to manage projects, to help maintain and even workflow within the group, based on incoming orders and project schedules, etc...
This manager will also be responsible for the development and mentoring of the personnel withing the group as well as identifying additional training requirements and opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work within the guidelines of the Dürr Group project management manual and other Dürr BOS procedures
- Develop and manage your direct reports on managing project schedules and milestones to ensure quality and timeliness for all project deliverables of assigned customer projects.
- Ensure that the project scope of work is fully understood by the project team with clearly identified roles and responsibilities providing proper direction and reporting to all stakeholders such as customer, internal departments and management.
- Manages the internal communication of the Revamp team.
- Supports commercial lead in the risk review process; define and quantify risks during the operations phase.
- Constantly monitors and reports the necessary key performances indicators. Takes proactive approach regarding all necessary actions and decisions to guarantee schedule, financial, quality and safety performance to maximize the allocated project(s) scope's goals achievements.
- Addresses project timing issues by deciding on actions and leading them in consideration of the defined strategy. Immediately informs management of any impact on the overall performance of the project.
- Facilitate and / or support project coordination meetings.
- Prepare monthly project progress updates for customer as required.
- Coordinate clarification and finalization of subcontract bid documents
- Project cash flow projections.
- Manage and record all project changes, internal and customer changes.
- Coordinate invoicing of vendors and of client with project accounting.
- Work with Project Controlling group to develop cost reports and monthly updates and cockpit charts.
- Monitor site activities for schedule compliance, costs and health and safety.
- Conduct internal and external project closeouts, generate and distribute closeout report and lessons learned and initiate final payment.
- Manage / approve warranty requests from the customer.
- Monitor and manage the above tasks, within the revamp group.
- B.S. degree in Technical/Engineering field preferred or 5 years minimum experience in Project Management, Quality Management or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering fields. MBA a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing design and processes required with basic knowledge of sheet metal and structural fabrication and installation. Scientific analysis, root cause analysis skills, problem-solving techniques, and applied math.
- Must be able to create positive, mutually beneficial business relationships with customers, operations personnel, sales and other functional areas.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, an attention to detail and creativity, and ability to complete necessary job tasks in a professional manner required.
- Strong customer focus and willingness to engage for collaborative success of all projects.
- Position related experience in similar industry strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Project and CRM a plus
- Knowledge and experience with an ERP system, SAP a plus
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- General understanding of contract language, terms and conditions.
- Basic knowledge of Controls Engineering is a plus.
- Basic understanding of heavy equipment installation procedures.
- Basic knowledge of cost estimating of components as well as field labor and sub-contracts
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be able to pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to support activities at site level.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary based on need. Frequent evening and weekend work are required. May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
This position requires moderate travel, roughly 20%. Typical travel can be both overnight and during the business day. Some travel is required to maintain relationships within the group, between the DePere, WI and Southfield, MI Offices..
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Dürr Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will b