- 29-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- SS - Purchasing
- Southfield, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms. Products, systems and services offered by Dürr enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Business with automobile manufacturers and their suppliers accounts for approximately 60% of Dürr's sales. Other market segments include, for example, the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and the woodworking industry. The Dürr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automatic application of paint as well as sealants and adhesives Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy-efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery for the woodworking
We are a growing organization, and we are seeking an individual to join our shared services department as Junior Buyer with expediting tasks. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes which Dürr influences at a global level.
Location: Southfield, MI
As a part of the Shared Services-Purchasing group, the Junior Buyer/Expeditor will participate in a variety of types of projects. This includes PFS, CTS, and APT work. The Junior Buyer/Expeditor will be responsible from the time engineering documents are received to the placement of the order and any necessary change orders. Major tasks include:
- Communicate with suppliers and internal resources to improve shipping dates according to project needs
- Organize notes from suppliers and project team, report out project status of equipment delays on a weekly basis.
- Actively solicit feedback on project needs/delays.
- Generation of the Request for Quote (RFQ) process and coordination of required documents which include: Specifications, Terms & Conditions, Compatibility Information, and clarifications etc.
- Investigate potential sources for fabrication, manufacturing and distribution of direct and indirect project equipment and consumables
- Develop and implement Framework Agreements
- Facilitate and document necessary meetings with Suppliers and Internal resources (RFQ clarifications, Bid Pack Review, internal processes, etc)
- Review bids and create pricing comparison summaries
- Negotiate final pricing
- Document Pre-Award requirements, obtain approvals, and create the Purchase Order in SAP
- Attend and support project meetings
- Willing to go to job site as required.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Purchasing experience 3+ years preferred
- Able to read automotive plan layout and sectional drawings preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills are required
- Motivated, self-starting individual capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a professional manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Good communication skills, capable of facilitating and documenting meetings
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.