- Crete, NE, USA
- Full Time
- Administration & Staff
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences college in Crete, NE, invites applications for the position of Safety Administrator. This is an entry-level campus security position responsible for supporting the college's mission by assisting in the development of a safe and healthy campus environment. Safety administrators provide a visible presence and offer support to all community members in areas related to safety and security. This position provides comprehensive resources to the college including calls-for-service, emergency response, report writing, parking enforcement, evening escorts, lockouts, event staffing and campus patrol. Employment is contingent upon a successful criminal history background check and a physical assessment.
There are two options available:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Part-time, 24 hours per week and on call
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a diverse community
- Experience working with a university community in a visible and responsible role
- Training in emergency response, safety, security or similar activities
- Experience in working with crowds and speaking in public
- Ability to work with basic Microsoft Office products, send email and function within a Windows environment
Education/Training Required for Position:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred; customer service, military, security or law enforcement experience is a benefit in this position
Licenses and Certifications Required for Position:
- Valid Drivers License
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.