- Crete, NE, USA
- Full Time
- Administration & Staff
Doane University is a mission-driven institution offering work/life balance and a competitive benefits package. Doane is an inspired and unique community committed to the liberal arts. We empower and encourage students, faculty, and staff to seize opportunities, take healthy well-calculated risks, and achieve excellence as they define it.
Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences university in Crete, NE, invites applications for the position of Plumber. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. This is a full-time position, with on-call hours, responsible for maintenance, repair or construction activities in the plumbing discipline.
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for Position:
- Valid NE driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the university's automobile insurance provider.
- Ability to complete Doane's internal certification as a qualified operator for the university's gas line.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools, equipment and materials utilized in a variety of craft disciplines.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautionary methods involved in building maintenance, repair and construction activities.
- Ability to perform expert level construction, repair and maintenance activities of all plumbing responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain, transport and repair shop equipment and tools.
- Ability to read blueprints and prepare detailed sketches of equipment or fixtures to be repaired.
- Ability to diagnose and repair problems related to piping as well as equipment in restrooms, kitchens and HVAC units.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the general public and a diverse staff and student population.
- Ability to lead the work efforts of co-workers and/or student workers and have the ability to oversee projects of any related assigned maintenance needs.
- Skill in the use of specialized tools and equipment utilized in advanced craft disciplines and maintenance areas safely.
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Preferred for Position:
- Knowledge of boilers and basic HVAC knowledge.
- Valid Nebraska Master plumber's license or valid Nebraska Journeyman plumber's license with the ability of achieving Master status within the first year of employment
Education/Training Required for Position:
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of plumbing systems.
To Apply: Go to www.doane.edu/jobs
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.