- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Regular Full Time
100% premium-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, a 401(k) plan with match and no waiting period, generous paid time off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement programs including some that dependents are eligible for!
PROJECT MANAGER (FLOOD CONTROL) Phoenix, AZ
Dibble employs the industry's finest engineers, designers, and planners, providing expertise and valued resources for municipalities, private clients, federal, state, and local agencies. Dibble is following through on our vision to grow as a significant regional firm and we're looking for leaders to help us reach our goals. The Flood Control Practice is building a team in our Phoenix area offices. Are you ready for a change or to take the next step in your career? Are you a leader that is ready to build your team? This is an opportunity for you to join our fine group of respected professionals. We need talent like yours to be part of our growing team and tackle some of our biggest engineering challenges.
This role of Project Manager, or Senior Project Manager (Flood Control) is responsible for the overall management of Flood Control projects in the Arizona and Colorado markets. The successful candidate will be accountable for developing business, contract negotiations, project performance, ensuring quality control on deliverables, and maintaining client relationships. Project scopes range from Drainage Master Plans to design and the development of construction documents. This role reports to the Flood Control Practice Leader.
- Prepare and effectively manage project budgets, scopes of work and schedules.
- Coordinate all aspects of project life cycle, including: Clients/Owners, design teams, internal staff and all other resources.
- Provide clarification and direction to technical staff on project and general engineering questions.
- Monitor performance of projects.
- Set up accounting and budget tracking for new projects.
- Prepare project billing/invoices and follow up with Clients to ensure timely receipt of payment.
- Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control for project deliverables.
- Actively participate in the career development of staff.
- Partner with Marketing and Business Development staff on pursuit of new business.
- Participate on project teams for new project interviews.
- Assemble project teams (subconsultants and internal staff).
- Evaluate company practices and provide input for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the execution of the Company's strategic plan.
- Represent the Company at industry events and conferences.
CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- Expertise using engineering and office software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation, MS Office and others.
- Expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic software, including local H&H tools, DDMSW, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FLO-2D, HEC-6T, and others.
- Experience in the analysis and design of various flood control infrastructure such as channels, storage basins, storm drain systems, culverts, erosion and scour control, stream restoration techniques and low impact development practices.
- Knowledge and experience with NFIP regulations and FEMA Letters of Map Change.
- Experience determining regulatory floodplains and floodways.
Business Development and Project Management
- Strong business relationships with Arizona clients at the local, county and state level that can be used to develop business.
- Ability to lead project staff in multiple offices.
- Ability to manage complex, high value projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality or effectiveness.
- The ability to make sound decisions for the benefit of the project and the Company.
- The ability to foresee the impacts of elements of the project.
- Understanding of available resources and the ability to efficiently manage those resources.
- Understanding of project budgeting.
- The ability to consistently meet project deadlines while always maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the project team including Clients, technicians, engineers and subconsultants.
- Ability to effectively communicate project and billing status and needs with the Client.
- Proven skills and the ability to successfully negotiate profitable contracts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, from an accredited college
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Arizona OR be able to obtain an Arizona PE license within 6 months of employment. Registration in Colorado may be requested within the first year.
- Minimum 12 years drainage engineering experience with increasing level of project management and team management responsibility.
LOCATION: This opportunity is in our Phoenix area office locations
COMPENSATION: Salary depends on level of skills and experience
Dibble is an innovative and growing firm providing a full range of civil engineering services across Arizona, Colorado and the Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the ability to deliver complete engineering solutions, from concept to closeout. Dibble is dedicated to providing quality, timely and value-priced consulting services beyond our clients' expectations.
Founded in 1962, our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability, quality and service. Our people-focused culture is important and we consider our employees to be Dibble's greatest asset. This culture leads us to many long-term employees that have been with the firm for 15 to 45 years.
Our employees enjoy our industry-leading benefits program, ability to balance their work life and home life, opportunities for development and growth, company events & activities, and the various opportunities to give back with our community activities.
Dibble is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.