- Greenwood, DE, USA
- Full Time
Delaware Electric Cooperative (DEC) is a thriving member owned utility located in Southern Delaware. The area features numerous state parks for biking, hiking, fishing, recreational water sports, and sandy beaches. DEC serves more than 110,000 homes, and businesses and is committed to providing safe, reliable, and competitively priced energy services.
We are proud to have been named one of Delaware's top workplaces! Our incredible and hardworking team is dedicated to serving our community with their various expertise. We value our employees and offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits.
DEC is seeking a full-time Engineering Supervisor to manage the engineering and design of construction projects, and development of capital and maintenance plans to address the safe and reliable operation of the Cooperative's electrical system.
- Supervises activities of the Engineering Department and makes certain that all the responsibilities are understood and accepted.
- Providing assistance to all E&O Managers, in the development of operational plans for service restoration, system improvement and system evaluation throughout the electric system.
- Responsibilities to include daily coordination of newly installed facilities.
- Works with the Planning Engineer to determine capacitor and regulator placements for optimum system performance.
- Develops Annual Work Plan and Long-Range Planning, in conjunction with the Planning Engineer, to meet system goals
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years experience in electric utility system design and operation.
Knowledge: Must have working knowledge of electric utility methods and materials and applicable codes and standards.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this technical support job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
No Phone Calls Please.
Location: Greenwood, Delaware 19950