Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, CyberEdge Group is an award-winning research and marketing consulting firm serving high-tech vendors and service providers. Our 180+ clients are the "who's who" of their respective industries, including Microsoft, Google, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Splunk, Citrix, and VMware.
CyberEdge contracts with 25+ consultants around the country to provide 65+ services in four key areas:
- Marketing Content creation (white papers, product brochures, case studies), content syndication (lead generation), marketing retainers, product messaging, website development, and graphic design
- Competitive Analysis Competitive intelligence, customer win/loss interviews, and competitor battlecards
- Custom Research Single- and multi-sponsor survey reports
- Publishing Definitive Guide and custom books and eBooks
CyberEdge is currently recruiting a part-time business operations manager. This is a 20-hours/week three-month contract position that is intended to convert to a permanent part-time position pending excellent contractor job performance and acceptable company financial performance during the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position provides management of daily business operations. This person will report to the CEO and will work from his or her own home office in or near the Annapolis, Maryland area. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for the following:
- Accounting/Bookkeeping Create and submit client invoices, monitor accounts receivable, facilitate collection of payment, pick up checks from Regus virtual office, deposit checks at bank, pay contractors and vendors, and initiate Paychex payroll runs.
- Human Resources/Recruiting Propose, develop and implement company policies, screen all contractor applicants, initiate criminal background checks, onboard new contractors, facilitate benefits implementation, and manage recruiting efforts for contractors and employees through applicant tracking system.
- Project Tracking Exchange weekly emails with all contractors with active projects and retainers to gauge overall status (i.e., green, yellow, or red). Alert CEO to any problematic customer engagements (i.e., yellow or red).
- Sales Support Draft Quarterly Booking Metrics Report, including win-loss statistics for forecasted sales opportunities.
- Administration Maintain insurance policies and respond to audit inquiries, plan events (internal and client-focused), retrieve mail from Regus virtual office, and develop and maintain internal control systems as needed.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in business operations/office management, to include bookkeeping and human resources experience
- S. or B.A. undergraduate degree
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets
- Experience using accounting software (QuickBooks Online experience a plus)
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce.com experience a plus)
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (iApplicant Pro experience a plus)
- Experience using a web conferencing platform (Zoom experience a plus)
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with little management oversight
- Available home office space, laptop computer, cell phone or landline phone, Internet access, and office supplies
CyberEdge Group is an equal opportunity employer.