- 15-May-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Mequon, WI, USA
- Full Time
Eligible for Benefits
Concordia University is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University is now seeking applicants for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) Housekeeping positions at its CUW Mequon, WI campus! Housekeeping staff are responsible for a full range of custodial duties related to the cleaning, care and light maintenance of student resident halls, classrooms and various other locations. The work involves keeping the environment healthy and safe. This is a full time (40 hours per week), evening position working Monday through Friday from 3:00pm-11:30pm. Housekeeping staff report directly to the Director of Buildings and Grounds and Manager of Housekeeping.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize restroom facilities, and related fixtures including drinking fountains; rest room sinks, urinals and toilets; replenish supplies in restrooms
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures and equipment
- Wash windows, mirrors and walls. Wash tables and chairs as required
- Replace lights and adjust shades and blinds
- Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles
- Identify and report building maintenance needs to supervisor
- Assist in other custodial and maintenance on an as needed basis
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work
- Knowledge of safe work practices and ability to use safe work practices
- Ability to clean and care for assigned areas and equipment
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of custodial equipment, supplies and materials
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and follow a work schedule and work independently
- Ability to supervise student workers
- Ability to move and lift heavy objects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff and students
Education & Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. required. One to three years of work-related experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. The starting wage is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University benefit options include, but are not limited to the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition waiver benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
To receive full consideration, all applicants are asked to complete and submit an online employment application through the Concordia University Employment page. To begin, please click the Apply Now section on the job page and then click the Apply For This Position button to begin the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.